
French President Emmanuel Macron will meet with his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, in Paris on Monday, a French presidential official said, as Washington seeks to advance a plan to end the war between Kyiv and Moscow.
The two leaders will discuss “the conditions for a just and lasting peace,” the official told AFP on Saturday.
For his part, Zelensky confirmed earlier that his country's negotiating team is en route to the United States to discuss the peace plan proposed by President Donald Trump."The task is clear: to quickly and rigorously define the necessary steps to end the war," the Ukrainian leader stated on his Twitter account.
“The Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine and head of the Ukrainian delegation, Rustem Umerov, is already on his way to the United States with his team. Rustem presented a report today, and the task is clear: to quickly and rigorously define the necessary steps to end the war,” he emphasized.
He added: “Ukraine continues to work with the United States in the most constructive way possible, and we hope that the results of the meetings in Geneva will be implemented in the United States. I look forward to our delegation’s report following their work this Sunday. Ukraine is working for a dignified peace. Glory to Ukraine!”
Zelensky's message came after the head of state himself denounced earlier the Russian night attack with around 36 missiles and nearly 600 drones against Ukrainian territory, which left three dead and dozens wounded in kyiv and its surroundings.
“The Russians have launched around 36 missiles and almost 600 drones,” Zelensky said in a message on his Twitter account, where he lamented the death of three people and that dozens were injured, according to the latest information on the consequences of the attack.
“The main targets were energy infrastructure and civil buildings,” he explained.
The Ministry of Energy, via Telegram, indicated that the Russian attack affected the energy infrastructure of Kyiv and its region, as well as that of the areas of Sumi and Kharkiv in northeastern Ukraine, Poltava (east), and Chernihiv (north).
“As a result of the attack, more than 500,000 users in Kyiv, more than 100,000 in the Kyiv region, and nearly 8,000 in the Kharkiv region were left without electricity this morning,” the Ministry said in a message, adding that repair work was already underway.
“In Kyiv and its surroundings, our emergency services are working on the sites of the Russian attack,” Zelensky said in his message, where he stressed that his country needs to work “without losing a single day to ensure there are enough missiles for the air defense systems.”
Furthermore, the Ukrainian president took the opportunity to ask his European partners to make a decision regarding Russian assets frozen in Europe if Moscow does not cease its drone and missile attacks. “,” he concluded.

